The School of Social Work and College of Family, Home and Social Sciences have an AmeriCorps grant through the Utah Commission on Volunteers. Students who qualify can participate in the AmeriCorps program and receive an Education Award upon completion of their AmeriCorps term of service. The School of Social Work has 300, 450, and 675 hour member slots available. The education award for these slots is $1,221 for 300 hours, $1,527 for 450 hours, and $2,199 for 675 hours for 2016 (this is based on the Pell Grant awards set by the Federal Government and changes from year to year).
AmeriCorps Member Eligibility Requirements:
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- High School diploma or GED
- 17 years or older
Service organization must be a non-profit, not for profit, or government agency.
Service must be done within the state of Utah.
- Complete FBI fingerprint background check
- Complete required paperwork including monthly time logs
- Complete required minimum hours
- Recruit volunteer to serve two hours at agency
- Participate in MSWSA service project
Back to financial aid main page