Skip to main content


In the State of Utah, graduates with a master's degree in Social Work (MSW) are eligible to be licensed as Certified Social Workers (CSW) upon being awarded a MSW degree and passing the ASWB Clinical examination. Once licensed as a CSW, individuals are eligible to begin gathering hours at a qualified facility to count toward the clinical experience needed to obtain licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). Students may obtain further information on licensure from:

Department of Commerce
Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
160 East 300 South
PO Box 146741
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6741
Tel. (801) 530-6628
Toll-Free in Utah (866) 275-3675
Fax (801) 530-6511